Who we are
The Official MetaHarpers website is https://www.metaharpers.org. Our group represents people interested in the art and technology of immersive, online virtual worlds.
As a general intent, we collect as little personal information as possible beyond what is needed to manage a typical website. There’s a few situations where if you use certain web services we need to collect more data in order to make things things work properly. Details are below:
- If you browse this website we’ll collect your IP address and any information sent to use by your web browser. This is used to make sure the site is working properly, has enough resources to meet demand, and can defend itself from attacks and spam.
- If you fill out forms on this website (such as comments, feedack, request for us to contact you), we’ll save whatever you type in so that it can be seen later.
- If you buy products from us, this website may keep a record of your purchase and attempts to receive product updates. We save this data so we can sent you updates and ensure the updates process is working correctly.
- If you (or someone who manages your assets) uses our performance analytics products or services, we may store data of objects you ask us to manage, including the locations, ownership, qualities, names, and performance characterists of those objects. We store these so we can give you reports on how well those objects are performing and which are laggy and slow.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with:
Is a general intent we don’t share your data with any third parties. Some exceptions are:
- Comments or posts content may be sent to external services for spam filtering, grammar, or other quality controls.
How long we retain your data
Data may be stored for as long as it is useful, which can be indefinitely in the case of many things. For example, page edits and viewable comments may stay up indefinitely to keep the site functioning properly.
Your legal rights:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may contact arrehn at gmail dot com for questions / concerns / requests.