MetaHarpers has always has a special relationship with Second Life’s oldest city, ‘Nova Albion’. Nova Albion is composed of the regions Miramare, Grignano, Barcola, and Sistina to the west of the larger and almost as old Bay City.
In the early days of Second Life, Nova was one of the first places new visitors landed. It became a ground-zero chaotic melting pot of every new visitor’s expectations for a virtual reality. Out of this chaos a culture emerged where people from wildly divergent backgrounds came together to fearlessly experiment with the new content and and freely share inventions.
As time passed Second Life matured and so did the culture, but we wanted to try and carry forward some of the best of it. I was gifted my first piece of land in Nova when Lisa Juran asked that I make something for others to enjoy. MetaHarpers helps carry on this tradition by encouraging others to create mini exhibits for visitors.
Scattered throughout the historic virtual city of Nova Albion, MetaHarpers hosts public galleries and offerings of urban kindness including:
- Harper Point Park, Thea Dee designed this seaside park for all to enjoy. Includes rezzable vehicles!
- Art & Technology, by Fifi Oh. Fifi usually has some original fusion pieces rezzed here.
- Shoe House. This is the original work of Harter Fall, a long time denizen of the city from the wild days.
- Kay Garaguru has gifted us with an inspirational original mesh scene. Kay was an early pioneer of mesh building in SL and has written some tutorials.
- The MetaHarpery Building, original by Gabba Loon. Here can be found occasional advertisements of cultural events, current MetaHarper projects, and some group-related vendors. Enjoy the rooftop hangout overlooking the city center.
- Seasons Change, by Vicki Brandenburg. Look for loose screws for a few surprises.
- Ancient Minefield, by Arrehn Oberlander. Large version of the popular “Minefield” game done in the style of runes which told the story of Miramare’s founding.
- The Olde Harp, by Jessikiti Nikitin. A simple riverside pub on the other side of town, known for its blues pubs and historic zombie infestations.
Also while you are in the Nova Albion city region, visit our friend Fukuju Amaterasu’s “The Prodigal Daughter Returns” island park and place of meditation, along with “CAFE JACK“, the work of Salazar Jack, Nova Albion’s designer and mythologist from the deep SL beta years.