We’ve been running the Immersive Theater Experience System for over a year now, and the response has been so positive for us. It’s fun to rediscover a magic that makes SL feel new and exciting all over again, and this makes it possible.
Now for the first time, we’ve packaged it so that other venues can use many of the same performance-enhancing effects we’ve been using at the MetaHarpers Immersive Community Theater.
At the moment we’re just trying this one place at a time, prioritizing those with upcoming shows and the ability to make use of the experience system. After a short round of feedback the intention is to open it up for everyone, and have it up at the store like any other tool.
The brief list of features for the experience system includes:
- Use MetaHarper scripted cameras with all of your guests, without any special seating!
- Use closely timed EEP (windlight) changes in your choreography for dramatic environment lighting, sun and moon textures, and haze
- Place richly customizable textures, fades, and animated textures on-screen for your guests, regardless of their current view. This can be used for introductions, credits, instruction, transition effects, rain, etc.
- Support for up to 200 avatars at once!
- Use instant, scripted teleportation effects to gather people together at special locations
- An optional, efficient, chat-extender system with zero additional scripts!
- A managed groundsit system, as an alternative to traditional seating.
- An optional 1-script seating system for any number of avatars.
- Ability to work in both “invite people when they arrive” or “Invite people when they click an object or move through a specific surface” modes.
If you own or manage a performance area and would like to see demos or have this technology installed, contact Arrehn Oberlander. Full requirements are in a notecard handout on “Immersive Theater Systems” vendor at the MetaHarpers Store!
Lets make some inspiring things!